Monday, July 10, 2006

Bike Check - Subversive 'project SlimFast'...

Well my project is more or less complete, so it's time for foto's & specs. My reasoning behind doing this was, as the post title would suggest, to make my bike lighter. I think I have dropped somewhere in the region of 10lbs & lightened my wallet by significantly more than that. I'm not as fucked after going out riding now & have really enjoyed the project. I still want to make some changes to the cranks & the rear brake, which will follow in due course...



Spec:

Frame: Fly Mosca, 2005, internal/spanish, 19.8”
Forks: Odyssey pro dirt, 14mm, AD lugs
Stem: Super**** elect
Headset: FSA impact internal 45/45, carbon spacer
Bars: Odyssey civilian svelte, hi-rise
Bar ends: home brew, aluminium
Grips: Odyssey gedda II’s
Front lever: Odyssey modulever OE
Front cable: Clarkes outer, Odyssey linear inner
Front brake: Diatech hombre
Rear lever: Odyssey modulever OE
Rear upper cable: Modulever, odyssey linear outers
Gyro: Odyssey GTX
Rear lower cable: Oryg dual, odyssey linear outers
Rear brake: Diatech hombre, koolstop eagle claw II salmon pads
Seat: Macneil capitol, Knight Ti bolt
Seat post: Macneil
Seat clamp: Profile slim jim
Cranks: Primo hollowbites, 175mm
Crank spindle: BSD Ti, 22mm
BB: Super****, spanish, 22mm
Sprocket: Animalbikes lite 36t
Chain: KMC 510h
Pedals: Victim, magnesium, Ti spindles
Front tyre: KHE premium street
Front rim: Alex supra A, 48h, velox rim tape
Front spokes: Prolite
Front hub: Prolite evolution, 14mm, hollow axle, 48h
Front pegs: T1 ramp x 2
Rear tyre: KHE premium street
Rear rim: Odyssey 7ka, 48h, velox rim tape
Rear spokes: Prolite
Rear hub: Proper magnalite cassette, 14mm, 48h, 13t, Knight Ti nuts
Rear pegs: T1 ramp x 2

Weight: TBC

Mods:
Gyro
Bar-ends
Pegs
Chain tensioner
Brake noodles used for lower cable bends from gyro stops.

Thanks:
Ray - for all the help with parts & advice
BK - for the FF orders
JD @ Cyclone
Dan @ Cyclesport
Broadribbs
Sheepdog - for the brake tips

3 Comments:

Blogger subversion said...

Thanks for your comments guys, Ray I will ride whenever I get the opportunity m8, unfortunately thats not often enough! Chaz, good to hear from you dude & definitely get a few sessions in over the summer ;-) (still not done the annual Combe 'pilgrimage' yet, so defo get that on...

This project has taken me since last October(ish) due to funds being ltd but I think it was more enjoyable than just banging a load of cash down & doing it all at once.It seems I have pretty much always had something new on my bike for ages!

Sboy, we ain't getting any younger dude, lets make the most of it...

cheers

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looking good ian but im not sure i can see ya with 2pc bars in the same way mate lol bring back 4pc

fuck it gte the old hoffman loves out aswell

frm ibbo

5:49 AM  
Blogger subversion said...

BobK still has the love handles somewhere, think the blue would really off-set the 'Orangina' colour scheme too! problem is that there are 1" bars & my brakes won't fit, otherwise I'd be well up for it!



honest...

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home