Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Shifting...

Got myself a pair of the new KHE premium tyres (street versions) & had a little session @ the park last night to test them out. Fuck do they roll fast! first run I was out of control & nearly ended up in a heap... I'm not used to running too high pressures in my tyres, my Primo Walls have been ran around 50 psi for the last god-knows-how-many years & it took a few runs to get used to the difference. I put 75psi in them (they will take 120psi) & with the smooth centre tread on the tyre itself I was having to 'pump' a lot less to achieve the same results...

Being Kevlar beaded they saved around 1.5lbs in weight on my bike & lightened my wallet by £40 for the pair. People have said about the sidewalls blowing out on them so time will tell if they are up to the job :-)



This upgrade about completes my project & I will post pics & specs of the complete bike soon...

laters

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

you have to run them at full psi or the sidewalls will blow out coz they are foldable tyres. try pumping them up all the way! they will last a hell of a lot longer. for more info check out the khe tech section on their site.

4:44 PM  
Blogger subversion said...

Thanks for the comments HM3000, I have been running them & 75psi since last July & they have held up great thus far. I think most people have had 'issues' with the park versions of these though. Great tyres, all round...

cheers!

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home