Monday, March 06, 2006

Homebrew Chain Tensioner - release ver 1.0

OK an update, I never actually got to use the 'beta version' of my CT design because the other Saturday I woke at 6:30am with an idea for a brilliant replacement! Well, I thought it was good anyway...

I was thinking about the shape of the CT & realised that I already had just what I needed - the brake block fastener from an AD990 brake...


it was almost perfect for the intended purpose! all I had to do was tap a thread through the hole where the brake block post normally goes through. An M8 grub screw & locknut completed the job :-)



I also had to cut down the thread on the inside of the dropout & use a low profile nut to ensure clearance on the cassette cog. After a couple of sessions since fitting it, all seems to work fine.
lovely...

1 Comments:

Blogger subversion said...

Dad's stash, he has every screw known to mankind!

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home