Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Blue skies for Easter

Well for the first time in ages, I rode twice in less than a week over the Easter BH-weekend. I'm really getting into this riding thing eh? Whilst some people think nothing of riding on a daily basis, it's a bit of a big deal for an 'old timer' like myself...

So after having a good little session on Thursday with Milkey, Rayo etc, I find myself hooking up with Sboy & BK for another nice little trip over to sunny Chacombe :-) I hope this is a sign of things to come this year as it's a bit of a rarity getting to ride with Sunil & Chack is also suitable for a little rock & roll, in a flatland stylee, which meant BK was also attending - all good!

The sun was out, we had some Slapshot on the tape deck & the old road trip feelings were resurfacing once again. It's great at this time of year, to think you have all that potential good weather & sessions to come, in the months to follow...

There were about 20 skaters 15 bladders & 35 BMXers already sessioning the ramps when we got there... thats a bit of an exageration actually, in reality, there was just one 10 year old girl & a toddler using the ramp as a slide & they soon scarpered as we rolled up :-) you gotta love having a park all to yourself eh?

Having ridden only 2 days earlier I was soon familiarising myself with Chacks curves & Sboy was soon in his element too, going for his tricks including those classic TM fast plants ;-)



Bob was squeaking his pinkies & looking forward to knee surgery



I made some more nose picks (I can do some other tricks - I think?)


& we snapped these photos which I feel really capture the good little session we had on a Saturday afternoon @ Chacombe ramps.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That pic of Sunil is way Cool. I didnt realise it was him at first!

And Ian, there is nowt wrong with a braked nosepick!!!

4:11 PM  
Blogger subversion said...

yeah nowt wrong, it's just I think every pic of me on this blog has me in the 'pick' position! ha!

Dya like my new white rims too ;-) they look like my old Z wheels!!

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

M.I.A me... missing out on all this
only just got a new phone sorted... droped the old (not that old) one down the toilet
( hammered )..
no. 07865312082
yours truely everyday'violent'one

5:57 AM  
Blogger subversion said...

Dude, you need to streamline that busy life style to fit in a few oldskool sessions with the boys...

...when it stops F'ing raining!

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just found your blog Ian...coolio. We need to make sure Chacombe ramps don't go, I've ridden there five times in the last week. Still not any better but bloody loving it.

Joe

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home