Wednesday, April 04, 2007

At long last, my bike!

Yea, so it's taken a while, but here goes






Frame- S&M Black Bike, 20.5, no brake mounts!
Fork- Dunno, some I found in the garage, poss old DK ones, not too heavy, soon to be replaced!
Bars- Attila Hot Bars, couple of inches chopped off each side
Grips- Oddy Gary Young. I think my mate Phil in Bristol took pity on me and my holy grips and gave me these
Stem- Attila toploader
Headset- Super**** campy thing
Seat- Primo Haemorrhoid
Post- Might be a Primo Rod, cut down pretty good
Clamp- One Ian gave me, custom super paint job. No finger marks in it, honest
Cranks- Solid. Awesome cranks, pissed me off A LOT recently because the spindle is 7/8, so it wouldn't work with my 22mm bb, but still amazing
BB- S&M 22mm
Sprocket- Metal 44t, many layers of paint
Pedals- Oddy Jim C. Best pedals I've ever had. Set number 2, much paint
Chain- Pretty stock looking thing, poss a KMC, the pins look like they've been punched. Contains links from more than one chain, in a Frankenstein stylee. Again, lots of paint
Front Tyre-Maxxis Holy Roller, fat bastard size
Back Tyre- Primo Wall, skinny bastard size(1.85)
Front Wheel- G-sport Homer on an oddy hazard lite. There's chrome under there somewhere
Back wheel- As above, with less layers of paint on the rim, but more flat spots
Freewheel- Shimano 16t baby!

Pretty standard, no high tec modifications, put a lovely cover on my seat, a bit of tape round the brake route hole in my seat tube to keep the crud out, will probably do the same to the gyro tab holes on the headtube when I get round to painting it. Also had to take the crank axle down to 22mm from 22.225, which was fun. It's still very snug going into the crank arms, but I guess time will tell if I need to shell out on new ones.

Future plans are to get new forks(hopefully coming from Ray, hopefully soon), a new front wheel, prob 36, and sort my gearing out down to 36/13, which'll probably mean a new back wheel too. Aaaaaand I need a halflink so I can suck my back end up a bit. Anywhere round here sell em? Or do I need to find an excuse for a trip to bicester?

Seeya out soon!

4 Comments:

Blogger subversion said...

Nice work Mikey-boy! looks like it want's a good thrashing now ;-) I'm sure it will give you that boost of inspiration you wanted too.

Hopefully I can sort you out with some smaller gearing when I get my new set-up sorted dude...

Whats the difference in weight like riding it, compared to the old Dirt(y) bike???

11:10 PM  
Blogger Milkster said...

No idea, the dirtbike's been on the shelf for at least 6 months. I can tell ya it feels really nice and high compared to the warpig or ray's frame! Aint ridden it properly, took it for a spin round the block last night, did some 180's and 360 hop things, that's about it!
Nice and twitchy so far, let ya know later when I SEEEEE YOOOUU DOOOWN THEEE PAAAAARRK!

11:26 PM  
Blogger subversion said...

Not tonight mate, far too many jobs to sort @ home & far too tired for riding anyways.

Tomorrow however...

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking good. The paint job reminds me of ...

Ian Oz once spray painted a bell Moto 3 full face helmet. He sat it on a skate deck and sprayed it blue. The overspray gave the deck a respray too. Your bike reminds me of that deck.

Nice

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home