Friday, April 06, 2007

Paint is good

So, Alex got me thinking about how much I painted my Dirtbike(RIP), and I figured I'd share a few of it's moments. Unforortunately I can't find any of it when it had this awesome yellow/red fade on the go. The red was the same as the wheels(Renault capsicum red) and the yellow was the same as the yellow when it was new (Fiat broom yellow).


So, this one is the first paintjob I did on it, which involved riding into town, buying some paint, and taking it to the park to paint it. There was A LOT of overspray all over the tarmac, and we ran out of yellow so chaz was sent on a mission to get more while the wheels got done, or something. The gold and orange were 100% impulse buys, in a "hmm, nice orange, ooh, and gold, for the ladies" stylee.
Below we have the final, death colours. I think the bike was actually stripped down for this one! I really like the green, and the brown bits looked a lot darker in real life, almost black. The orange looked good in the can, but I'm not such a huge fan of how it turned out.




Parts-wise it's identical to my current bike, cept it's got T1 bars, a redneck light, and I had to cut the brakemounts off myself, and a different seat cover. And clamp. And a shadow conspiracy chain. Oh, and the front tyre's a dirtmonster, and the back is a tioga FS100. Same fat/skinny arrangement as now!

END

1 Comments:

Blogger subversion said...

I like the one colour one side deal Milkey, could it be called a schizophrenic paint job in a dual personality stylee!? *BUT* your defo getting a roll of masking tape, for Xmas, from me dude! ha!

It also brings back memories of my original yellow S&M DB circa 1989...

:-)

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home