Thursday, November 09, 2006

10-Q: Sboy...

1. What was the catalyst for you getting involved in BMX?
I first saw BMX on a halfords advert in a magazine, it looked so cool, motocross on bikes, we were into Junior Kickstart in a big way anyway, so BMX was a godsend. After that we used to go to halfords and drool over their very limited range of bmx components and accessories. It was when I saw Bob Haro riding at the NEC on tele, doing a show that I got fully hooked. The film ET helped too.
2. What was your first BMX bike & what is your fondest memory of that bike?
The first bike I had was a MT Racing Silver Fox, it was a taiwanese built complete bike, I think it cost my dad £129, which was probably alot of money in 1983. My fondest memory of it was how wicked it looked, all shining and the spokes glinting in the sunlight. The next best memory of it was when I snapped the frame jumping the big doubles at Drayton BMX track, I felt really proud that I'd snapped a frame.
3. What is your favourite type of riding & your favourite trick at the moment?
I've always loved dirt jumping and street riding the most. They seem the most pure to me. Ramps are cool too i suppose. My best trick at the moment IS riding, just being on it. I dont really do tricks anymore.
4. How many BMX bikes have you owned since you started riding?
prob about 7 or so. Loved each and everyone of them!
5. What do you think of the current state of the BMX industry?
I'm not in the scene enough to know what state its in. I hope its in a healthy state and good mates arent becoming enemies cos its turned into a money thing for them.
6. If money was no object, what bike/frame/part would you go out & buy today?
If money was no object I'd build a massive skatepark. 24" Light Blue Floval Flyer, flite cranks, gold araya 7xs, hutch beartraps, SE powerwing bars, elina lightning bolt seat, comp 3s, A'ME tri's, and not a Dia Compe MX1000!!
7. What’s the worst thing you’ve ever wasted your money on relating to BMX?
Burger King.
8. What riders have been a source of inspiration in your riding & why?
Vic Murphy and the Dirt Bros, Matt Hoffman, James Shepherd and Ruben Castillo, Lee inSultimier, Taj, Joe Rich, Ruben Alac, Jerry Galley of course, Union lot, Lemsip, You.
9. If you could learn any trick what would that trick be?
540 tyre tap, turn down, alley oop 50-50
10. If you had to put on a Haro type 1 number plate on your bike with a message on it what would it say? (ie:- ‘trix R 4 kidz’)
"Lets get her man"


Sunil/Fastplant/Playstation London

cheers Sunil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home