Monday, March 24, 2008

interview 7

Ian.. aka wilco, wilma...





age.. 38

years riding.. Blimey... since 83-84... do the math.

fav spot to ride.. Local + anywhere the RAD guys meet up as it's always good vibe.

Riding style.. circa 1985-1995 ha!

plans for this year.. Make my bike even lighter (gay) ride more than once a week & learn some more nose-pick variations :-)

what inspires you to ride.. My bike, I just love riding it! going forward & backwards on my BMX, when your bike is totally how you want it, you will want to ride it more.. Also mid-skool video footage (I think most people know my thoughts on new-skool fashion riding) & my friends I ride with are always inspiration.

who inspires you?.. In no particular order:

Derren Bailey
Rick Moliterno
Alex Leech
Kevin Gutierrez
Rob Ridge
Ray Smith
Vic Murphy
Paul Osicka
Eddie Roman
Lee Sultimier
& anyone else with their own individual style of riding & doing something different.

describe your local scene.. Pretty good park, most of us get on great & despite not being what you might term 'a regular', from what I see, the guys there are always pushing their riding & having a laugh with it. Could do with a lot less hangers-on who think it's too cool to sit around on the decks getting fucked up on D&D...

music.. I'm currently indulging in my mission to buy every CD I've ever wanted to own as I've developed a little HiFi addiction. Latest purchases:

ET soundtrack
Sigur Ros
Eels
Madness
The For Carnation
The Beach Boys
Mudhoney
I'm pretty varied musically, why limit yourself to one genre when there's a world of beautiful sounds out there!?

what you at when not riding.. working, listening to music (as above), movies, full time family life!

thanks to anyone.. My wife, my family, my friends, anyone who's ever helped me out & anyone else I've had fun on a BMX with, cheers! ;-)

2 Comments:

Blogger ray900tap said...

this was really the interview I wasn't to sure I'd get.. thankyou Ian, not just for this but alot of good times, and may they continue..


I on a list with rob ridge, rick moliterno and derren bailey!!!!

4:37 AM  
Blogger subversion said...

I don't like to let the side down Ray!

As you say, may the good sessions continue dude ;-)

cheers!

5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home