Wednesday, November 15, 2006

10-Q: Ibbo...

1. What was the catalyst for you getting involved in BMX?

I remember meeting a guy called Nigel who lived in my street and he had a dk, shiny as fook and that was it I wanted one, just used to hack round as kids do skids n endos with the front brake all the way.

2. What was your first BMX bike & what is your fondest memory of that bike?

My first bmx was a firebird freestyler with red mags full white twin tt and sit bars, pegs welded to the forks and them wrap around bar things at the back and I remember the day I did a bunny hop on it smashed my shin to bits on the metal pedals and pissing with blood, but I didn’t give a toss I just pulled a bunny hop.

3. What is your favourite type of riding & your favourite trick at the moment?

Well when I get off my arse and ride I like to ride small stuff ya can play about on ramps walls even grit bins anything that’s got a line or looks cool to play with, road cone and some pallets that will do me, I just ride cuz I want to and as long as I’m having fun its good with me.

4. How many BMX bikes have you owned since you started riding?

Ok
fire bird
Peugeot vitus with freds heads four 4pc bars (found in hedge in town)
diamond back aero,
next few were just frame swaps
homeless soulbro (was ians and rays before)
haro shredder delux (what a weapon)
homeless Mack (got robbed)
standard copy thing (all I could afford)
then I got a full build condor in chrome.
(think chafe has the frame still)
then
federal nation custom (what a bag of shite that frame was)
swapped frame for a khe dirty harry,
that got robbed too wink wink
(I want this bike so bad so it was what I got.)
Terrible one progression (why did I sell it)
then full flybikes1 pantera set up,
and now
t1 barcode (stick to what ya know best, not quite a progression but the next best thing)

5. What do you think of the current state of the BMX industry?

Getting out of hand, pegs that cost £100 FUCK THAT! not in to all the light weight stuff I just ride the thing, if it rolls its good and if ya think about it ya got on ok in the old days with what was on offer so ill keep on it tar.

6. If money was no object, what bike/frame/part would you go out & buy today?

Well I’d just go for what I got now t1 barcode Joe rich sig, but with one of them new khe street coaster hubs on the rear, as I'm too poor to ever buy one myself.

7. What’s the worst thing you’ve ever wasted your money on relating to BMX?

Ufo gyro lasted about a month, and worked like a bag of shite, but god did that blue rim look sexy.

8. What riders have been a source of inspiration in your riding & why?

Well I’ll always look up to Ian and Ray, I’ll never forget seeing them both ride at the old red mini in s/b park WOW and now its like I’m one of the older riders out there. Kind of makes ya smile to think I did some thing and stuck at it with my life, I’ve seen so many faces come and go and those two are still going old oops I mean strong, sorry boys

9. If you could learn any trick what would that trick be?

Tail whip nosepicks I love that trick makes me weep..(Rob ridge rules)

10. If you had to put on a Haro type 1 number plate on your bike with a message on it what would it say? (ie:- ‘trix R 4 kidz’)

Don’t ride just to look cool ride because you want to and enjoy every bit of it, you’ll have a blast and meet some very close friends, bit long I better have two number plates lmao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home