Wednesday, March 08, 2006

New pedals...

After thinking long & hard on what pedals to go for, I had decided on the magnesium Wellgo MG1's for around £40.



A call to Broadribbs & the guy there said they had the Victim pedals which were the same pedal but with Ti axles. Well, a deal was cut & myself Ray & BK took a little trip up to get some new stuff :-)

The pedals are stupid light (280gms) & the studs are so agressive the hairs on my shins stand on end when I get on the bike! ha!


The Ti axles are nitride coated which helps to stop cold welding as Ti tends to fuse to other materials it is screwed into...
Might look into getting some shorter studs as my feet feel cold welded to the pedals! I have heard a few stories about people breaking these pedals but time will tell I suppose, I'm not into pedal stalls/tricks anyway so hopefully they will hold up fine...
Here's a piccy of them on the bike, also they are a perfect colour match to my Super* elect stem.

1 Comments:

Blogger subversion said...

fair comments dudes, time will tell... ;-)

I saw in RideMag that Alans have managed to obtain some Ti axles for their Wellgo MG1's & you can get them for only £90 fitted!!!

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home