Thursday, August 09, 2007

bruising

Check me out

Day after crash:



Day after day after crash:



Bruise is spreading, and there's a little bit on the inside of my ankle now too which is new today.
That dark stuff near my toes is bruise too, not fluff, as I initially thought.

Story goes, I was gonna go riding/play with camera, so I headed in to town, down that monster hill that is broad street, and swing round the corner into marlborough street, which is surprisingly full of parked cars and two people in the middle of the road. I miss the people, and the first car I was going to hit, realise the second one is coming right for me and bail, roll my foot over a goodun, and get my bike wedged under a car. Joy.
"Oh my god are you alright?" is pretty far down the list of thing I want to be hearing right now, but they say it at least three times. Cunts. I also have some gravel rash on my elbow.
I untangle my bike from the car(this makes a nasty noise, I think they have some door/bodywork damage but I honestly couldn't give a flying one) and start to continue into town, thinking I can still ride, putting my seat straight, but my foot is swelling up before my eyes and my pedal is at a horrible angle so I head home, where Emma convinces me I should go to hospital, so I do, and sit around for ages, and they tell me it aint broken, and walking on it normally and keeping it moving will make it heal quicker/better, but it'll probably be a couple of weeks before I walk normal, and six weeks before I can do "sport". Yippee.
And I banged my right thigh(other leg) and have difficulty bending my knee, so walking is nae fun.
Did I mention that on saturday I ordered new forks, tyres and shoes, what with it actually being dry.

2 Comments:

Blogger subversion said...

That's orrible dude! hope it heals quick for you. Look man, just buy a fucking brake & I'll dial it in so you'll never want to be without again!

....I just remembered... no lugs right?

So do your new forks have lugs!? :-)

5:19 AM  
Blogger Milkster said...

I really doubt brakes would've helped dude, I bomb that hill/corner combination every day on the way to work, so wouldn't have slowed down before hitting it, and would've just yanked em on when I saw the goons in the road, which would've locked the back wheel, less control, etc.
I dunno, might helped a bit.
No lugs!
Tempted to get a 21" version of the same frame though....
And cranks are fucked, flaired the pedal boss and all sorts, pedal's bent too, but that's ok, I have spares. Contacting Solid now to see about a new arm!

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home